Job Title: Solution Architect
The Solution Architect (SA) has one of the most critical roles for a project. As the name suggests, they are responsible for understanding the entire solution that has to be implemented for a customer. The Solution Architect will get involved in Business Functionality, Application, Data, Integration, and System Architectures, as well as the Build and Deploy process, and over all client management.
- Scope - be intimately familiar with the features/requirements as defined in the statement of work. In most cases the SA will have written the statement of work and been responsible for owning the delivery of the estimate.
- Review the test cases created by QA to ensure they provide proper test coverage.
- Developing/enforcing the application architecture used to develop code on the project.
- Enforcing the coding standards (SDLC guidelines) - JavaDocs, Unit Tests
- Code reviews
- Defining the tracks on a project and who the leaders will be (Member, Order, Catalog, Integration, etc.)
- Helping with Proof's of Concepts if needed up front.
- Ensuring that module architects/track leads develop designs to support the functionality and that it is documented on the wiki.
- Approving or designing the data load process - guiding the data architect or catalog lead on what needs to be loaded in the application.
- Designing the feed schedule with the business to ensure that it meets the business requirements
- Conveying requirements to Build and Deploy resource.
- Ensuring the proper code is checked in
- Environment specific property files are documented and checked in properly
- Developing the tagging/branching strategy as go live nears
- Ensuring that a process is in place for build verification and what the test cases are.
Education and Experience Required:
The Solution Architect position is integral part of CrossViews ATLAS team and requires a minimum of five years of relevant experience across retail, consulting, or e-business. A BA is required, and Masters is strongly preferred. Excellent communication skills are a must and prior consulting experience is strongly preferred. A strong background in e-commerce and/or retail operations is required. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Location / Travel Requirement:
We have 3 formal office locations in Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC, Toronto, ON and Noida, India. Our employees are not required to live near our office locations and can work remotely. There is a 50% travel requirement for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
CrossView offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Solution Architect" or click the button below.
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross- channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 17 years of experience building cross- channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.