Job Title: Sterling Commerce Solution Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
The Sterling Commerce Solution Architect has one of the most critical roles for a project. As the name suggests, they are responsible for understanding the entire solution to be implemented for a customer. The Solution Architect will be involved in Business Functionality, Application, Data, Integration, and System Architectures, the Build and Deploy process, and client and prospect engagement.
- Scope - requires intimate familiarity with the features/requirements as defined in the statement of work. In most cases the SA will have written the statement of work and been responsible for owning the delivery of the estimate.
- Review test cases created by QA to ensure proper test coverage.
- Developing/enforcing the application architecture used to develop code on the project
- Enforcing the coding standards (SDLC guidelines) - JavaDocs, Unit Tests; conducts code reviews
- Oversees defining project tracks and leaders (Member, Order, Catalog, Integration, etc.)
- Ensures that module architects/track leads develop designs to support the functionality and documentation protocol
- Approves or designs the data load process; guides data architect or catalog lead on application loading parameters
- Designs feed schedule to ensure business requirements are met
- Conveys requirements to Build and Deploy resource
- Ensures proper code is checked in
- Ensures that environment-specific property files are documented and checked in properly
- Develops tagging/branching strategy as go live nears
- Ensures that a process is in place for build verification and test cases
- Seeks out and follow-up on sales opportunities; conducts pre-sales calls and other client and prospect interactions
- Prepares and conducts customer product demonstrations of Sterling Commerce solutions and services
Education & Experience Required:
The Sterling Commerce Solution Architect position requires 3-5 years’ experience with Sterling Commerce and a minimum of five years of relevant sales experience across retail, consulting, or e-business. A BA is required, and Masters is strongly preferred. Excellent communication skills are a must and prior consulting experience is strongly preferred. A strong background in e-commerce and/or retail operations is required. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Location / Travel Requirement:
We have 3 formal office locations in Durham, NC, Toronto, ON and Noida, India. Our employees are not required to live near our office locations and can work remotely. There is a 50% travel requirement for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
CrossView offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross-channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 14 years of experience building cross-channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.