Job Title: Associate Systems Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Raleigh/Durham (Research Triangle Park), NC
As a CrossView Associate Systems Engineer, you’ll use the latest tools and technologies to build and maintain infrastructures for cross-channel shopping solutions that help our clients improve their business outcomes. Hone your experience alongside fellow talented professionals, where you’ll develop some of the most exciting e-commerce solutions on the market.
The Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring that servers and in store devices are maintained to perform flawlessly 7x24. You’ll also work closely with CrossView clients in a consulting-type role.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Performs general System Support and Operation activities
- Installs and configures WebSphere Commerce v6 – 7 on Windows, AIX, Linux, and iSeries
- Maintains environments by applying necessary fixpacks/feature packs
- Installs and configures DB2 for use with WebSphere Commerce
- Creates and executes simple SQL statements
- Performs web server configurations (Apache, IHS)
- Utilizes operating system scripting skills (Linux, Windows, AIX)
- Demonstrates understanding of network technologies (firewalls, routers, IP ports)
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
This role requires experience with operating systems, and Java based application servers (eg. Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, JBoss, Hybris, Linux, Aix, Windows).
System/Linux Admin skills utilizing operating systems - Redhat, SUSE, Linux, or UBUNTU, and Helpdesk or Support background a plus. General system admin for laptops or servers and strong troubleshooting skills required.
Knowledge of software development in Java. Experience with networking technologies (firewalls, IP protocols and ports);Working experience with DB2, Apache Solr, Apache Tomcat, Apache Web Server, or MySQL.
Additional experience and skills considered a strong plus:
- IT Related Certifications
- Experience supporting Websites
- Experience creating automation via: Bash, Ksh, Batch, Perl, Python or ANT
- Java development Skills
- Experience using source controls repositories like Subversion Performed deployments to application servers such as Tomcat and WebSphere Application Server
- Use of Atlassian Jira for issue tracking (creating, Commenting and resolving tickets)
In addition, the CrossView Associate Systems Engineer demonstrates the following:
- Innovation - to develop improved and creative user experiences
- Consultation/Entrepreneurial Spirit – to engage with the CrossView client
- Reasoning Ability - to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Problem Solving Skills - and attention to detail, including the ability to think creatively about issues and the intellectual curiosity to find a resolution; think "out-of-the-box" and develop creative solutions
- Tenacity - in gathering relevant information, examining, investigating and solving dynamic problems
- Super Organized - process driven with the ability to multi-task and work alone or in a team environment
- Interact and Communicate - both verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical colleagues
Recent college graduates and individuals with 2-3 years of related developer experience are encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, CrossView offers:
- Training & Learning
- Opportunities to Grow & Participate
- Great team of people to work with and learn from
- 3 weeks + 2 personal days of vacation
There is an up to 100% travel requirement for this position.
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross-channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 15 years of experience building cross-channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.