Job Title: Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
CrossView’s Database Administrator is responsible for engineering and supporting server databases for development, test and production environments. Additionally, this role is responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining db2 databases. The CrossView DBA works closely with a large application and infrastructure team to support and manage complex database environment.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Supports DB2 8.x and 9.x (focus on 9.x) databases from installation, tuning, upgrade and configuration on windows and *nix platforms
- Writes shell scripts for database management and automation
- Applies working experience with DB2 HADR; develops and implements backup/recovery strategies
- Acts as a member of the production infrastructure team in the maintenance, troubleshooting executed against mission critical, 24x7 production environments
- Works with development teams in assisting in the optimization of table design and query analysis
- Analyzes logical and physical database design to account for performance and scalability at all database layers
- Assists in troubleshooting application issues related to database performance and bottlenecks
- Performs development, maintenance and enforcement of database standards
Education & Experience Required:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and a minimum of 5 years Database Administration experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a DBA with DB2 (*nix/windows) within a 24X7 production environment. The incumbent in this role consistently demonstrates excellent project and people skills within a team environment, effective verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to maintain leading edge skills in a rapidly changing information systems environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in larger scale DB2 installations in an OLTP environment, extensive system administrator experience on Linux (strong preference), a deep understanding of the interaction between DB2 and the underlying operating system and hardware, in addition to the following:
- Working experience with WebSphere Commerce
- Working experience with WebSphere Commerce database components: MassLoad, BODL, DataLoader, DBClean, StageProp, Workspaces
- Working experience with WebSphere Commerce database logical model
- Working experience with MySQL, Oracle RDBMS
- Extensive experience with Database modeling tools, Database monitoring tools
We have 3 formal office locations in Research Triangle Park, NC, Toronto, ON and Noida, India. Our employees are not required to live near our office locations and can work remotely. There is a 25% travel requirement for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
CrossView offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross-channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 14 years of experience building cross-channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.