Job Title: WebSphere Commerce Performance Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
CrossView’s WebSphere Commerce Performance Engineer is responsible for application performance tuning of client websites and supporting applications. The incumbent in this role participates in the design, development, testing and implementation of performance recommendations and best practices. Additionally, this role will participate in the execution and interpretation of test results while verifying the overall application performance.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze and trend the performance and reliability of client applications in development and production-like configuration
- Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted
- Participate in the review of failures and provide feedback to prevent future occurrences
- Collaborate with solution architects, developers, and DBAs to develop recommendations
Education and Experience Required:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and a minimum of five years of relevant experience across retail, consulting, or e-business, or a combination of education and experience.
Additionally, this position requires the following:
- 5 or more years hands on experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce programming and solution design
- 5 or more years hands on with Java programming and solution design
- Extensive experience with WCS Dynacache, WCS Command architecture and refactoring, and JDBC performance designs
- Experience testing both GUI and Web Services
- Experience with Java Profiling concepts and tools (RAD Profiler, JProfiler, AppDynamics)
- Experience using performance discovery tools like (Splunk, DynaTrace)
- Ability to write bash scripts for information gathering purposes from UNIX & Linux
- Ability to define and document best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with particular emphasis on scheduling functions
- Solid understanding and experience working with agile software development methodologies
Location / Travel Requirement:
We have 3 formal office locations in Research Triangle Park, NC, Toronto, ON and Noida, India. Our employees are not required to live near our office locations and can work remotely. There is a 50% travel requirement for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
In addition to competitive compensation and excellent benefit package, CrossView offers:
- Training and Learning
- Opportunities to Grow and Participate
- Great team of people to work with and learn from
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus floating holidays per year
CrossView, Inc. is the leading provider of cross- channel shopping solutions. CrossView brings over 15 years of experience building cross- channel solutions for clients ranging from top 10 Internet retailers down to organizations who are just expanding into more than one channel.
To learn more about CrossView, visit www.crossview.com.
CrossView is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.